2013 New Blogger Blog Hop!


Good news, everyone! Plum and June's 2013 New Blogger Blog Hop will be starting very soon, and you're looking at the blog of someone who's participating!! I am excited beyond words, and sincerely can't wait to meet new people and become a greater part of the online quilting community. I haven't been able to meet anyone nearby who is involved with quilting (yet! I'm hoping to attend the Tucson Modern Quilt Guild meeting this month), and if Instagram has taught me anything so far, it's that a community is important. I've received so much help, guidance, and encouragement that I wouldn't have been able to give to myself! So I am looking forward to more of that. And, hopefully, after I get more experienced, I will be able to give the same help, guidance, and encouragement to new quilters. 

On a slightly more personal note, I will say that I'm actually proud of myself for being a part of this - almost as proud as finishing off my Posy quilt, if not more, actually. It's just a blog hop, maybe, but I had talked myself out of applying at least three times. I thought I was too new, too inexperienced, didn't have good enough photography, not enough projects under my belt...etc. I thought I had no chance of it and fully expected no response or a rejection! I might have cried when I opened my email. Okay, I did. A little. A lot. Mostly just because, it is reaffirmation that the one person that is capable of holding you back the most is you. I feel like even just sending the email to ask for information in the first place was a huge step for me. I tend to play it safe, withhold from rejection, and say that nothing would've come from it anyway; yet here's proof that that's not always the best course of action. It's so hard to open yourself up creatively, and be vulnerable in what you love and the things that your hands have created, and quilting is slowly opening me up to these possibilities in ways that I never would've imagined. I am so, so happy to be a part of this entire community and I hope that one day I can inspire others the way that they have inspired me.

Thank you ♥

7 comments:

  1. Well done for joining in the blog hop - I hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    you are the winner of our A- Line Skirt book giveaway at The Quilt Barn.
    Email me your name and address and I will ship your book out. tguisto(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh!! Thank you! I'll email you momentarily♥

      Delete
  3. I am posting the same day as you on the hop and was checking out the other blogs. Turns out, we're blog twins! Well, we use the same template at least, so I just know you have good taste lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I didn't notice at first because your header is so different than mine, but I thought you had a great layout! Haha. Great minds think alike ♥

      I'm so excited to do my post! I'm glad I have a little more time to plan c:

      Delete
  4. Happy you have joined the blog hop! Looking forward to being quilty friends!

    ReplyDelete